- 4 interdisciplinary courses (see Course Requirements page)
- Working lunches to enhance Biotechnology Leadership Skills
- Quarterly update meetings with the other trainees & the BLP Director
- Submission of at least one first-author paper before completion of the PhD
- Responsible Conduct of Research course with a refresher course 2 years later
- Completion of a 2-3 month industry internship (may be waived for students who have recently completed a comparable internship)
Trainees actively participate in the organization of site visits, seminars and symposia, and annual BLP report.
Acknowledgment of Support
- Publications shall be compliant to NIH public access policy.
- Articles published by trainees receiving NIH support must acknowledge the training grant: T32GM112592.
- Articles published by trainees receiving financial support must acknowledge the Donna and Benjamin M. Rosen Bioengineering Center.
Other Requirements as determined by participating graduate option:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biophysics https://cce.caltech.edu/graduate/graduate-biochemistry-and-molecular-biophysics
- Bioengineering http://www.be.caltech.edu/index.html
- Biology https://www.biologyoption.caltech.edu/grad/index.html
- Medical Engineering http://www.mede.caltech.edu
- Chemical Engineering http://www.che.caltech.edu
- Chemistry: https://cce.caltech.edu/graduate/graduate-chemistry
- Computer Science http://www.cms.caltech.edu/academics/grad_cs
- Electrical Engineering http://ee2.caltech.edu
- Neurobiology http://neurobiology.caltech.edu
- Mechanical Engineering http://www.mce.caltech.edu